Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I love The Bahamas

I confess... I love The Bahamas. Not just because of the awesome beauty, but the people (for the most part) are platinum. Never in all my life have I met a more down-to-earth and genuine group of people... and I have travelled more than most. 
I remember my father telling me of the days when people could go to sleep with their doors unlocked... I never imagined such places existed anymore until I moved to Eleuthera (one of the larger Bahamian Family Islands). 
Sure I've been to New Providence, the capital city here in The Bahamas, but it is just that... a CITY. Mind you, it still has that islandy charm, but it has become very commercialized and urban. The true beauty of The Bahamas is located in the Family of Islands. 
Those are the places where you see the awesome beaches, the beautiful pink sand, limestone cliff faces, blue holes, pink flamingoes and the like.
Two days ago I went fishing from the dock and caught 2 grey snappers. Now, you've got to understand that THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD is the moment after you've hooked a fish... from the dock... the dock that's a few yards from your home. Fresh fish, from the sea to the grill tastes AWESOME!

1 comment: